SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.22 released
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:17:18 +0200 Stefano Rivoir <s.rivoir@gts.it> wrote:

> Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > It's out there now (or at least in the process of mirroring out - if you
> > don't see everything, give it a bit of time).
>
> Hi all.
>
> 2.6.22 hangs at boot on my box. Here attached a original dmesg from
> 2.6.21, and a copy of it where it stops on 2.6.22 (I can't attach the
> original 2.6.22 dmesg because it's not logged to disk yet); it actually
> stops right after 'init' launches.
>
> Thinking it was something related to USB mass storage, I've disabled
> (not in the attached .config) it but with no results.

If you have another Linux box on the LAN, please set up netconsole
(Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt) to gather the boot logs.

When the machine has stalled, see if you can get a task trace with
ALT-SYSRQ-t. This will require CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y and possibly setting
ignore_loglevel on the kernel boot command line.

Thanks.

(mad guesses: try the following on the boot command line: clock=pit,
noacpi, noapic)