    SubjectRe: -mm merge plans for 2.6.23
    On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > slub-exploit-page-mobility-to-increase-allocation-order.patch
    > slub-reduce-antifrag-max-order.patch
    >
    > These are slub changes which are dependent on Mel's stuff, and I have a note
    > here that there were reports of page allocation failures with these. What's
    > up with that?

    Those were fixed and all has been well since as far as I know.

    > Maybe I should just drop the 100-odd marginal-looking MM patches? We're
    > simply not showing compelling reasons for merging them and quite a lot of them
    > are stuck in a 90% complete state.

    As far as I can tell the antifrag patches are stable and are significantly
    enhancing various aspects of the VM and also make it more reliable. SLUB
    can use it to increase scalability. MM has been using order 3 allocs via
    SLUB for months now without a problem. Without the antifrag patches order
    1 allocs could cause OOMs.

    It opens the door for functionality that we wanted for a long time such a
    memory unplug etc.

      Last update: 2007-07-10 22:11    [W:0.021 / U:30.908 seconds]