    SubjectRe: Hibernation Redesign
    Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
    > I don't know a whole lot about xen, but it seems that one issue with
    > this approach is that it requires you run your system under a hypervisor
    > at all times, which may introduce some overhead.

    No, I don't think that's what Al is proposing. The kernel-internal
    interfaces we've put in place to make Xen work could be reused to do
    some of the things you're talking about. In particular, a kernel
    running under Xen has to be able to deal with non-contiguous physical
    pages, and reusing the same pagetable hooks would allow a kexeced kernel
    to run happily out of any random assortment of pages you manage to
    allocate for it.

      Last update: 2007-07-10 17:03    [W:0.040 / U:4.092 seconds]