SubjectRe: Hibernation Redesign
Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:
> I don't know a whole lot about xen, but it seems that one issue with
> this approach is that it requires you run your system under a hypervisor
> at all times, which may introduce some overhead.

No, I don't think that's what Al is proposing. The kernel-internal
interfaces we've put in place to make Xen work could be reused to do
some of the things you're talking about. In particular, a kernel
running under Xen has to be able to deal with non-contiguous physical
pages, and reusing the same pagetable hooks would allow a kexeced kernel
to run happily out of any random assortment of pages you manage to
allocate for it.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans