    SubjectRe: [AppArmor 01/41] Pass struct vfsmount to the inode_create LSM hook
    Hi!

    (Please preserve cc lists when replying on l-k).

    > >Experience over on the Windows side of the fence indicates that "remote bad
    > >guys get some local user first" is a *MAJOR* part of the current real-world
    > >threat model - the vast majority of successful attacks on end-user boxes these
    > >days start off with either "Get user to (click on link|open attachment)" or
    > >"Subvert the path to a website (either by hacking the real site or hijacking
    > >the DNS) and deliver a drive-by fruiting when the user visits the page".
    >
    > AppArmor isn't trying to defend everyday users from getting phished or
    > social engineered; it is trying to protect servers from getting rooted
    > because of security holes in their network daemons. I find that a
    > laudable goal. Sure, it doesn't solve every security problem in the
    > world, but so what? A tool that could solve that one security problem

    AA solves less problems than SELinux does. Some people like AA more,
    but I guess they should just learn SELinux.

    And yes, I'm afraid this discussion is relevant on l-k, because we
    should have very good reasons before merging duplicate functionality.

    Pavel