    SubjectRe: [stable] [patch 00/54] 2.6.21-stable review
    On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 01:28:52PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
    > On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:21:27AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
    > > This is the start of the stable review cycle for the release.
    > > There are 54 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
    > > to this one. If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
    > > let us know. If anyone is a maintainer of the proper subsystem, and
    > > wants to add a Signed-off-by: line to the patch, please respond with it.
    > >
    > > These patches are sent out with a number of different people on the
    > > Cc: line. If you wish to be a reviewer, please email
    > > to add your name to the list. If you want to be off the reviewer list,
    > > also email us.
    > I'm wondering if it makes sense to do more regular releases of -stable
    > so that the patchqueue doesn't build up so much. It's painful
    > to sit down and review lots of patches in one sitting.
    > Additionally, with lots of change, it's a real pain to figure out
    > "which one of the 50 patches that went into the last -stable
    > makes my machine not boot" (which I had to do recently).

    It probably does. Unfortunately I've been traveling _way_ too much
    lately and got behind on the patch queue. I'll try to remember to push
    out a new release sooner, as it looks like the majority of my travel is
    coming to an end (only 2 trips this month...)

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2007-06-08 19:37    [W:0.021 / U:21.396 seconds]