    SubjectRe: [SERIAL] Don't optimise away baud rate changes when BOTHER is used
    On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:29:58 +0100
    David Woodhouse <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 16:03 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > Yep - and there are some other changes needed as well once everyone
    > > gets their ports properly lined up (notably handing back the actual
    > > speed).
    > Yeah, probably. This was was required just to get the speed thing to
    > pass basic testing though.
    > You earlier made a cryptic comment about asm-generic and said the
    > PowerPC patch wouldn't work -- I didn't understand, and it doesn't seem
    > to be empirically confirmed. Can you eludicate?

    If your termios and termios2 structures differ in size then you need to
    copy the right number of bytes or you won't get speed values into the
    kernel. If they are the same size it wont matter.

      Last update: 2007-06-07 17:35    [W:0.018 / U:9.440 seconds]