    SubjectRe: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v15
    On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 09:01:43AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > [...] and my tree already contains the fixes for rt task's
    > exec_start.

    Can I have this snapshot pls? I have to deal with the same issue when
    the current task switches groups and I was planning to fix it by
    introducing a set_curr_task() method in fair_sched_class which
    initializes exec_start and other fields for that task.

    > > Also, real-time tasks are currently influencing fair clock
    > > calculations (because there is only one raw_weighted_load field per
    > > runqueue). Is that intentional?
    >
    > yep - the 'fair clock' in essence freezes when RT tasks are running (but
    > not completely). Can you think of any bad effect from this perhaps?

    hmm ..i was thinking of the case where currently running task belongs to
    fair_sched class but the raw_weighted_load field of runqueue includes
    weight from real time tasks (which would have affected the delta_mine
    calculation). Now I realize that it is not possible because real-time
    tasks always preempt fair-sched tasks. So possibly this is not an issue.

    > It's useful to have unified load-balancing (smpnice-driven) between the RT
    > and fair classes.

    Sure ..the unified weight number is usefull to pick the busiest
    group/queue during load balance. I am retaining this aspect in my
    patches (which I am preparing to send against -v15 atm).

    --
    Regards,
    vatsa