SubjectRe: 2.6.22-rc4-mm1
Andrew Morton wrote:
> Yeah, this caused to fail as well.
> There are a couple of fixes in
> which should get things going again.
> Robert, I spent some time picking at
> mmconfig-validate-against-acpi-motherboard-resources.patch then got bored
> with fiddling with it and reverted it outright.

The minimal fix would be to put #ifdef CONFIG_PCI_MMCONFIG around the
call to pci_mmcfg_late_init in drivers/acpi/bus.c.

> Please, we need to get those prototypes of pci_mmcfg_early_init() and
> pci_mmcfg_late_init() into some sane place which works on all
> architectures, not duplicate one of them in a C file and even see if we can
> avoid the #ifdef CONFIG_PCI_MMCONFIG in arch/i386/pci/init.c
> This code area is really messy, due partly to the x86_64 and i386 sharing.
> Any changes in there need careful testing and checking.

I'm not sure there's a point in making the prototypes for those
functions global to all architectures, since it's unlikely anything
non-X86 could make use of them with any similar semantics. We could
provide a no-op definition of those functions to avoid the need to ifdef
the calls, though.

Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from
Home Page:

  Last update: 2007-06-07 02:03    [W:0.078 / U:0.044 seconds]