    SubjectInteresting interaction between lguest and CFS
    With 2.6.22-rc3-mm1, I've got a long-running video transcoding going
    on. In other windows, I'm compiling, reading email, etc. with no
    noticeable problems.

    If I fire up lguest and leave it sitting at a shell prompt for a
    couple moments, when I return to type something at the prompt, it can
    take 2-3 seconds for my input to echo. Once it starts responding,
    typing latency disappears. Suspend the other app and the latency
    disappears.

    The system isn't swapping and has basically no I/O load.

    Ok, my transcoding just finished as I was writing this. So I've
    reproduced the problem with this Python script that I had handy:

    memload.py:
    #!/usr/bin/python
    a = "a" * 16 * 1024 * 1024
    while 1: