    SubjectRe: [AppArmor 38/45] AppArmor: Module and LSM hooks
    Date
    On Monday 04 June 2007 15:12, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > How will kernel work with very long paths? I'd suspect some problems,
    > if path is 1MB long and I attempt to print it in /proc
    > somewhere.

    Pathnames are only used for informational purposes in the kernel, except in
    AppArmor of course. /proc only uses pathnames in a few places,
    but /proc/mounts will silently fail and produce garbage entries. That's not
    ideal of course; we should fix that somehow.

    Note that this has nothing to do with the AppArmor discussion ...

    > Perhaps vfs should be modified not to allow such crazy paths? But placing
    > limit in aa is ugly.

    Dream on. Redefining fundamental vfs semantics is not an option; we should
    rather make sure that we fail gracefully. Considering the alternatives, I
    still prefer the configurable limit. That's way more useful than allowing a
    process to DOS the kernel with AppArmor.

    Andreas

      Last update: 2007-06-04 16:33    [W:0.020 / U:148.612 seconds]