SubjectRe: Kconfig variable "COBALT" is not defined anywhere
 > > >   there is no Kconfig file which defines the selectable option
> > > "COBALT", which means that this snippet from drivers/char/nvram.c:
> > >
> > > # if defined(CONFIG_COBALT)
> > > # include <linux/cobalt-nvram.h>
> > > # define MACH COBALT
> > > # else
> > > # define MACH PC
> > > # endif
> > > never evaluates to true, therefore making <linux/cobalt-nvram.h>
> > > fairly useless, at least under the circumstances.

> > Maybe it should be MIPS_COBALT ?

> that's the first thing that occurred to me, but that header file is
> copyright sun microsystems and says nothing about MIPS, so that didn't
> really settle the issue. that's why i'd rather someone else resolve
> this one way or the other.

Actually, looking through the old kernel history, it looks like this
was added by Tim Hockin's (CCed) patch "Add Cobalt Networks support to
nvram driver". Which added this to drivers/cobalt:

+bool 'Support for Cobalt Networks x86 servers' CONFIG_COBALT

I guess Tim can clear up what's intended...

  Last update: 2007-06-03 22:49    [W:0.049 / U:0.272 seconds]