SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Re: [linux-lvm] 2.6.22-rc4 XFS fails after hibernate/resume
Date
On Friday, 29 June 2007 00:00, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On Thu 2007-06-28 17:27:34, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 27 June 2007 22:49, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > Hi!

> > > Hmm, so XFS writes to disk even when its threads are frozen?

> > > Could you add that to the XFS threads if it is really required? They
> > > do know that they are being frozen for suspend.
> >
> > Well, do you remember the workqueues? They are still nonfreezable.
>
> Oops, that would explain it :-(. Can we make XFS stop using them?

I'm afraid that we can't.

There are two solutions possible, IMO. One would be to make these workqueues
freezable, which is possible, but hacky and Oleg didn't like that very much.
The second would be to freeze XFS from within the hibernation code path,
using freeze_bdev().

Greetings,
Rafael

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." - Donald Knuth