    SubjectRe: man-pages-2.59 and man-pages-2.60 are released
    > Michael Kerrisk wrote:
    > > How about a link in /pub/linux/docs/manpages/ of the form
    > > "LATEST-IS-m.xy"? Rob Landley was wanting something like this,
    > > and I guess it would be easy for LFS to build a simple
    > > script that looks for that link and deduces "man-pages-m.xy"
    > > from it. (I've just now created such a link in the directory,
    > > as an example.)
    > We don't care about the latest version, so the link neither helps nor
    > hurts us. What's needed is that the URL and the MD5 sum for a
    > version in the book
    > don't change, and that LFS developers have a reasonable time (say, two
    > weeks) to react to version updates.

    Don't change for how long? As I said, old versions never were
    available "forever" on -- usually they only stayed a
    few months, though lately the lifetime stretched out a little.

    I don't really want to, for example, copy the tarball to
    two places each time. That takes me extra time, and is prone
    to errors (e.g., I might forget).

    Michael Kerrisk
    maintainer of Linux man pages Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7

    Want to help with man page maintenance?
    Grab the latest tarball at ,
    read the HOWTOHELP file and grep the source
    files for 'FIXME'.

      Last update: 2007-06-28 18:57    [W:0.032 / U:47.068 seconds]