SubjectRe: [2.6 PATCH] Fix LDM for new field in the VOL5 VBLK.
Date
On 27 Jun 2007, at 18:03, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
>>
>> Please apply the below patch to the LDM driver.
>
> This looks fine, but last time I applied a LDM patch just before
> release,
> there was some embarrassing compile problem with it.
>
> See commit 72dd9ca59944.
>
> Which just makes me go "hmm.." at this stage.

Up to you. What Ash tested was dropping the ldm.c and ldm.h that I
emailed him into his kernel tree and compiling and booting. Once he
confirmed that it works and is parsing his LDM drives correctly I on
my machine did "git diff > file", then scp-ed the file to the mail
server, created a message in pine, and did "ctrl+r file" to insert it
into the message. After I had sent the message to you I exported the
message to a file in pine, deleted the message text and did a diff
with the original patch and it showed no differences.

What you refer to when I did the diff after the fact the diff failed
with a line difference... The patch had gotten corrupted (probably
by me)...

So I can only assume it will work this time.

Best regards,

Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer, http://www.linux-ntfs.org/