    SubjectRe: Is it time for remove (crap) ALSA from kernel tree ?
    At Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:06:18 +0100,
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > If it is native ALSA driver then it will restart after each underrun
    > > and overrun. It is the applications job to do this, alsa-lib provides
    > > all support for this. I have no idea of OSS and OSS emulation in ALSA.
    > OSS should autorestart on underrun and just moan about overruns and drop
    > bits. So if it's not following that behaviour he is IMHO correct for the
    > OSS emulation case.

    I think he is right in the case of read (although I don't remember his
    post as my buffer overran). The playback is automaically reset and
    restarted at underrun.

    But, the patch there is wrong. It should handle -EPIPE, which means
    XRUN, while -ESTRPIPE means the suspend state.

      Last update: 2007-06-25 12:45    [W:0.019 / U:1.444 seconds]