    SubjectRe: Is it time for remove (crap) ALSA from kernel tree ?
    Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:

    > Few dayas ago OSS source code was oppened uder CDDL for Solaris and
    > GLPv2 for Linux:
    >
    > http://www.opensound.com/press/2007/oss-gpl-cddl.txt
    >
    > So this source without problems code can be integragrated in Linus tree
    > and after this Linux can provide much better soud supoport than with
    > current ALSA.

    Actually, ALSA is doing fine and doing great. There are issues of course,
    and some bugs too, but they've got their mailing list and Takashi Iwai
    fixes things quite well (and fast). Calling something crap will be useless
    until you can prove it. One minor complaint I have with ALSA is its
    documentation. It provides basic stuff but one has to do a lot of
    cross-references, IMHO, to understand its API. Other than that, with a
    mature open code base, ALSA is more excellent than OSS.

    Before calling things crap, you should be more technical and realistic
    (i.e. prove it with example). Otherwise, you will just be wasting your
    time whining. It shows too your lack of technical skill since you complain
    without knowing what you're complaining about.

    Best Regards,

    Carlo

    --
    Carlo Florendo
    Softare Engineer/Network Co-Administrator

    --
    The Astra Group of Companies
    5-3-11 Sekido, Tama City