    SubjectRe: Please release a stable kernel Linux 3.0
    On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 06:34:20PM -0400, Chuck Ebbert wrote:
    > Even the good ones that get lots of fixes aren't all that good. The
    > biggest problem ATM is that suspend is badly broken and keeps getting
    > worse...

    I wasn't under the impression suspend had really ever worked. Such a
    messy problem to solve.

    And how does going back to having new features only arive in stable
    kernels every 2 years an improvement over the current system? Getting
    support for new hardware (which lots of users keep insistingon because
    for some reason they keep insisting on buying the stuff that is currently
    for sale) also requires writing new code.

    Len Sorensen

      Last update: 2007-06-22 01:03    [W:0.018 / U:0.080 seconds]