    SubjectRe: Please release a stable kernel Linux 3.0
    > and we all know this. The un-ending stable ABI argument
    > goes into this same direction.

    We don't have a stable ABI argument. Linus and others have repeatedly
    made this clear; Stable user space ABI is important (sysfs developers
    please note 8)). Stable kernel ABI/API not going to happen.

    > So I feel that a turning-point is coming where a really
    > really really (x 15) stable and reliable kernel is NEEDED.

    Its incredibly hard to keep a stable kernel side API/ABI by just
    backporting fixes. Fortunately you can pay vendors to do this for you and
    provide support, or if you just want the bits run stuff like Centos

      Last update: 2007-06-22 00:07    [W:0.018 / U:1.752 seconds]