SubjectRe: Please release a stable kernel Linux 3.0
> and we all know this. The un-ending stable ABI argument
> goes into this same direction.

We don't have a stable ABI argument. Linus and others have repeatedly
made this clear; Stable user space ABI is important (sysfs developers
please note 8)). Stable kernel ABI/API not going to happen.

> So I feel that a turning-point is coming where a really
> really really (x 15) stable and reliable kernel is NEEDED.

Its incredibly hard to keep a stable kernel side API/ABI by just
backporting fixes. Fortunately you can pay vendors to do this for you and
provide support, or if you just want the bits run stuff like Centos