david@lang.hm wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>
>> On Jun 21, 2007, david@lang.hm wrote:
>>
>>> how exactly can they prevent a system that's been tampered with from
>>> accessing their network?
>>
>> By denying access to their servers? By not granting whatever is
>> needed to initiate network sessions?
>>
>> And note, "it's been tampered with" is not necessarily enough of a
>> reason to cut someone off, it has to meet these requirements:
>
> how can the server tell if it's been tampered with?

I agree with this statement. Imagine a proprietary private network where a
device has been modified to run in an invisible promiscuous mode. The device
looks as if it isn't doing anything wrong, but is forwarding the network out
another interface. The only way to prevent that type of attack is to not allow
unauthorized signed Kernels onto that network.

Andrew McKay

  Last update: 2007-06-21 17:21    [W:0.472 / U:0.200 seconds]