    Tomas Neme writes:

    > I have been following this discussion for the last week or so, and
    > what I haven't been able to figure out is what the hell is the big
    > deal with TiVO doing whatever they want to with their stupid design.
    > They made a design, they build a machine, they sell it as is, and
    > provide source code for GPL'ed software... what's your problem?

    It's simple: they don't provide _complete_ source code. They keep the
    source code for the part of their Linux kernel images that provides
    the functionality "runs on Tivo DVRs". The GPL requires that
    distributors of binary versions provide complete source code, not just
    the parts of source code that are convenient.

    Michael Poole

      Last update: 2007-06-20 20:21    [W:0.018 / U:10.876 seconds]