    SubjectRe: [linux-usb-devel] Error -71 on device descriptor read/all
    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Paul Walmsley wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Oliver Neukum wrote:
    >
    > > Am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007 schrieb Chuck Ebbert:
    > >
    > >> Try disabling CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND
    > >>
    > >> [usb developers: what are the drawbacks of doing this?]
    > >
    > > Increased power consumption.
    >
    > speaking of CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND, I've encountered at least one device -- a
    > Canon EOS 5D camera -- that, after the bus suspends, must be powercycled
    > in order to return the camera's interrupt endpoints to a functional state.
    > How are these types of problems handled, currently? Is this something for
    > a blacklist?

    There are a few possible approaches. One is indeed a blacklist, to
    prevent the camera from automatically being suspended. Another is to
    prevent it by changing a device parameter in sysfs.

    Note that neither of these will help if you do a suspend-to-RAM. That
    suspends everything.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2007-06-19 21:07    [W:0.021 / U:33.668 seconds]