SubjectRe: How to improve the quality of the kernel?

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Martin Bligh wrote:
> Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I've seen those sort of things
> before, and they just don't seem to work, especially in the
> environment we're in with such a massive diversity of hardware.

I do agree. It _sounds_ like a great idea to try to control the flow of
patches better, but in the end, it needs to also be easy and painfree to
the people involved, and also make sure that any added workflow doesn't
require even *more* load and expertise on the already often overworked

In many cases, I think it tends to *sound* great to try to avoid
regressions in the first place - but it also sounds like one of those "I
wish the world didn't work the way it did" kind of things. A worthy goal,
but not necessarily one that is compatible with reality.