    SubjectRe: Versioning file system
    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Bodo Eggert wrote:

    > alan <alan@clueserver.org> wrote:
    >
    >> I just wish that people would learn from the mistakes of others. The
    >> MacOS is a prime example of why you do not want to use a forked
    >> filesystem, yet some people still seem to think it is a good idea.
    >> (Forked filesystems tend to be fragile and do not play well with
    >> non-forked filesystems.)
    >
    > What's the conceptual difference between forks and extended user attributes?

    Forks tend to contain more than just extended attributes. They contain
    all sorts of other meta-data including icons, descriptions, author
    information, copyright data, and whatever else can be shoveled into them
    by the author/user.

    --
    "ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
    ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct