    SubjectRe: Versioning file system
    alan <> wrote:

    > I just wish that people would learn from the mistakes of others. The
    > MacOS is a prime example of why you do not want to use a forked
    > filesystem, yet some people still seem to think it is a good idea.
    > (Forked filesystems tend to be fragile and do not play well with
    > non-forked filesystems.)

    What's the conceptual difference between forks and extended user attributes?
    "Unix policy is to not stop root from doing stupid things because
    that would also stop him from doing clever things." - Andi Kleen

    "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever" - Derek Smalls

      Last update: 2007-06-18 22:59    [W:0.039 / U:3.080 seconds]