    On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 03:20:39PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
    > On Jun 18, 2007, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com> wrote:
    > > From the very _beginning_ of the v3 process the kernel developers
    > > have showed their objection to that section of the license, and we
    > > were told, to our face, with no uncertian terms, that it was going
    > > to stay, in one form or another, no matter what we thought or said
    > > about it.
    >
    > This sounds about right.
    >
    > > So, why would we want to waste our time filling out web forms after
    > > that?
    >
    > If you're adamantly favorable to permitting any form of Tivoization
    > whatsoever, don't bother.

    For the record, I completely feel that what Tivo did was both legally
    correct[1], and the correct thing to do for their system, and would
    fight _very_ hard any attempt to change the Linux kernel's license that
    would prevent this usage model.

    So I will not bother anymore.

    greg k-h

    [1] The FSF lawyers also agree with this.

      Last update: 2007-06-18 21:51    [W:4.898 / U:0.104 seconds]