    SubjectRe: Versioning file system
    On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 09:16:30AM -0700, alan wrote:

    > I just wish that people would learn from the mistakes of others. The
    > MacOS is a prime example of why you do not want to use a forked
    > filesystem, yet some people still seem to think it is a good idea.
    > (Forked filesystems tend to be fragile and do not play well with
    > non-forked filesystems.)

    Jeremy Alison used to be the one who was always pestering me to add
    Streams support into ext4, but recently he's admitted that I was right
    that it was a Very Bad Idea.

    As I mentioned in my Linux.conf.au presentation a year and a half ago,
    the main use of Streams in Windows to date has been for system
    crackers to hide trojan horse code and rootkits so that system
    administrators couldn't find them. :-)

    - Ted

      Last update: 2007-06-18 19:33    [W:0.023 / U:0.460 seconds]