SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Btrfs: a copy on write, snapshotting FS
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 12:10:29PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> After the last FS summit, I started working on a new filesystem that
> maintains checksums of all file data and metadata. Many thanks to Zach
> Brown for his ideas, and to Dave Chinner for his help on
> benchmarking analysis.

Thanks to everyone that tried out btrfs. Most of those that did managed
to hit problems with apps that did writes via mmap. So, I added a
page_mkwrite call and worked out cow safe mmap writes.

Terje Røsten sent along a btrfsprogs patch so that it compiles properly
on FC7 (thanks!).

I'll have a site up on oss.oracle.com/projects with mailing lists and
links to my HG trees shortly. Until then:

http://oss.oracle.com/~mason/btrfs/ has the latest tar balls.

-chris

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans