    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Btrfs: a copy on write, snapshotting FS
    On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 12:10:29PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    > After the last FS summit, I started working on a new filesystem that
    > maintains checksums of all file data and metadata. Many thanks to Zach
    > Brown for his ideas, and to Dave Chinner for his help on
    > benchmarking analysis.

    Thanks to everyone that tried out btrfs. Most of those that did managed
    to hit problems with apps that did writes via mmap. So, I added a
    page_mkwrite call and worked out cow safe mmap writes.

    Terje Røsten sent along a btrfsprogs patch so that it compiles properly
    on FC7 (thanks!).

    I'll have a site up on with mailing lists and
    links to my HG trees shortly. Until then: has the latest tar balls.

      Last update: 2007-06-18 16:49    [W:0.022 / U:30.288 seconds]