    SubjectRe: And now for something _totally_ different: Linux v2.6.22-rc5
    On 06/17, Davide Libenzi wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Jun 2007, Nicholas Miell wrote:
    > >
    > > But there's still no way for multiple threads to read from a single
    > > signalfd and get their own thread-specific signals in addition to
    > > process-wide signals, right? I think this was agreed to be the least
    > > surprising behavior.
    > Multiple threads can wait on the signalfd. Each one will dequeue either
    > its own private signals (tsk->pending) or the process shared ones
    > (tsk->signal->shared_pending). This will be the behaviour once Ben's patch
    > is applied.

    What if we pass a signalfd to another process with unix socket? Which signals
    should be dequeued in that case? Only shared ones?

    I tried to follow this discussion, but I can't understans why the current
    behaviour is bad.

    Yes, a thread has to create its own signalfd if it wants to dequeue private
    signals. But this is simple and understandable. May be I missed something
    else ?

      Last update: 2007-06-18 15:45    [W:0.030 / U:1.168 seconds]