    > On Friday 15 June 2007 18:59:14 Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > > So it's true: the GPL just gives you rights, and without it you have no
    > > rights (other than fair use ones etc), and blah blah. But the distinction
    > > between "license" vs "contract" really isn't a very important one in any
    > > case.
    > Er, copyright law is federal, contract law is generally state level? So not
    > only does contract law vary a lot more by jurisdiction, but it's enforced by
    > different courts than suits over copyright? (You'll notice the GPL doesn't
    > say which state law holds sway. If it was a contract this would be kind of
    > important.)

    That seems to be a special property of the US legal system. At least I'm
    not aware of this or a similar distinction in e.g. germany (or most parts
    of europe AFAIK).

    Technosis GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Michael Gerdau, Tobias Dittmar
    Sitz Hamburg; HRB 89145 Amtsgericht Hamburg
    Vote against SPAM - see
    Michael Gerdau email:
      Last update: 2007-06-16 07:49    [W:0.020 / U:1.088 seconds]