Daniel Hazelton wrote
> If "DRM" was against the license then an extra section clearly
> explaining that could have been added. (in the DRM case I actually
> understand the reasoning and agree with it.)

Changing licenses is not like changing software code, re-licensing is
a major hassle so "release early, release often" is not a viable
strategy.

That means GPL v3 is not a nice localised incremental patch but a huge
patchset on all the issues that have accumulated since GPLv2 was
written (and one can discuss the correctness of parts of this
patchset)

--
Nicolas Mailhot