    On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

    > On Jun 14, 2007, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:
    > >
    > > No. I'm not stupid.
    > >
    > > The GPLv3 explicitly allows removing additional permissions.
    > So what? You just refrain from accepting contributions that attempt
    > to remove them, and you'll keep TiVO happy.

    You really aren't thinking, are you?

    It's not about keeping Tivo happy. It's about keeping *me* happy. That's
    my primary (only) motivation for a license.

    And let's go back to why I selected the GPLv2 in the first place, shall

    I want to be able to use other peoples improvements. If they release
    improved versions of the software I started, I want to be able to merge
    those improvements if I want to.

    Your *IDIOTIC* suggestion is explicitly against the whole POINT! By saying
    that I shouldn't accept contributions like that, you just INVALIDATED the
    whole point of the license in the first place!

    Can you really not see that?

      Last update: 2007-06-14 23:31    [W:0.020 / U:39.084 seconds]