On Jun 14, 2007, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:

> - I chose the GPLv2, fully understanding that the Tivo kind of
> situation is ok.

Wow, do you remember the date when you first thought of this business

> And you are apparently totally unable to understand - or respect - that I
> actually made an informed decision that happens to be different from what
> you *wish* it were.

While you insist in the nonsensical tit-for-tat argument and "in kind"
retributions, I don't think I have much of a choice, because this is
not what the GPL is about, this is not what it requires of licensees.

Alexandre Oliva
FSF Latin America Board Member
Red Hat Compiler Engineer aoliva@{,}
Free Software Evangelist oliva@{,}