    On Jun 14, 2007, Linus Torvalds <> wrote:

    > - I chose the GPLv2, fully understanding that the Tivo kind of
    > situation is ok.

    Wow, do you remember the date when you first thought of this business

    > And you are apparently totally unable to understand - or respect - that I
    > actually made an informed decision that happens to be different from what
    > you *wish* it were.

    While you insist in the nonsensical tit-for-tat argument and "in kind"
    retributions, I don't think I have much of a choice, because this is
    not what the GPL is about, this is not what it requires of licensees.

    Alexandre Oliva
    FSF Latin America Board Member
    Red Hat Compiler Engineer aoliva@{,}
    Free Software Evangelist oliva@{,}

      Last update: 2007-06-14 22:59    [W:0.021 / U:80.368 seconds]