    SubjectPROBLEM: PCI setup hangs on Asus Notebook (nolapic helps)

    my Asus M2N Notebook hangs doing the following on 2.6.22-rc3 (from Ubuntu
    Gutsy Gibbon Tribe-1):

    Setting up standard PCI resources

    The non-scrollable output on the full screen can be found here:

    Booting with nolapic helps, but makes the SATAized IDE controller buggy
    (spontaneous timeouts occuring, which do not happen on OpenBSD or Windows XP

    I'm using the latest BIOS (A208). Now I know it's buggy as hell and I've
    already complained to Asus, but to no avail.

    There have been other reports of the problem on Asus notebooks. I've collected
    some links: (maybe related) (maybe
    related) (german)

    I'm willing to provide any needed information (like DSDT table, system
    info, ...) and try out almost anything (I do not have a serial console handy
    though - the system does not have serial).

    PS: A Cc: is preferred, but not necessary.

      Last update: 2007-06-14 15:31    [W:0.032 / U:2.900 seconds]