SubjectPROBLEM: PCI setup hangs on Asus Notebook (nolapic helps)

my Asus M2N Notebook hangs doing the following on 2.6.22-rc3 (from Ubuntu
Gutsy Gibbon Tribe-1):

Setting up standard PCI resources

The non-scrollable output on the full screen can be found here:

Booting with nolapic helps, but makes the SATAized IDE controller buggy
(spontaneous timeouts occuring, which do not happen on OpenBSD or Windows XP

I'm using the latest BIOS (A208). Now I know it's buggy as hell and I've
already complained to Asus, but to no avail.

There have been other reports of the problem on Asus notebooks. I've collected
some links: (maybe related) (maybe
related) (german)

I'm willing to provide any needed information (like DSDT table, system
info, ...) and try out almost anything (I do not have a serial console handy
though - the system does not have serial).

PS: A Cc: is preferred, but not necessary.