    Subject[patch 0/3] no MAX_ARG_PAGES -v2

    This patch-set aims at removing the current limit on argv+env space aka.
    MAX_ARG_PAGES.

    The new mm is created before the binfmt code runs, the stack is placed at the
    highest address supported by that architecture.

    The argv+env data is then copied from the old mm into the new mm (which is
    inactive at that time - this introduces some cache coherency issues).

    Then we run the binfmt code, which will compute the final stack address. The
    existing stack will be moved downwards (or upwards on PA-RISC) to the desired
    place.

    This 'trick' heavily relies on the MMU, so for no-MMU archs we stay with the
    old approach.

    ---

    Plenty of changes all around, changes listed in the individual patches. We hope
    to have addressed all issues raised.

      Last update: 2007-06-13 12:17    [W:0.022 / U:29.548 seconds]