    * Linus Torvalds:

    > I consider dual-licensing unlikely (and technically quite hard), but at
    > least _possible_ in theory. I have yet to see any actual *reasons* for
    > licensing under the GPLv3, though. All I've heard are shrill voices about
    > "tivoization" (which I expressly think is ok)

    In a strange twist, the last-call draft contains a clause that
    expressly permits some forms of "tivoization", provided a suitable
    contractual arrangement exists ("Basic Permissions", second
    paragraph).

    Now a lot of the free software market follows this "sell yourself into
    slavery" model (and even the FSF recommends to make money this way),
    but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to state it so plainly in the
    license.

      Last update: 2007-06-13 11:43    [W:0.018 / U:17.808 seconds]