    SubjectRe: Proposal: change keycode for scancode e0 32 from 150 to 172
    Jiri Kosina wrote:
    > On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    >
    >> In PS/2 mode it reports E0 32 which gets converted to keycode 150. In
    >> USB mode it reports E0 02 which gets converted to keycode 172.
    >> I don't know if it's the keyboard itself that's being inconsistent, or
    >> if it is the table in usbkbd.c that's broken (in which case it should be
    >> fixed to be consistent with the keyboard in PS/2 mode.)
    >
    > Hi Peter,
    >
    > First, usbkbd.c has very probably zero business with this - the mappings
    > are being done in hid-input.c, usbkdb.c is only for embedded/debugging
    > cases, and is almost never used on modern systems (see the corresponding
    > Kconfig help text).
    >
    >> You seem to be of the opinion that "usb behaviour is correct", but don't
    >> give any motivation why usb should take precedence. Offhand, I would
    >> expect there to be fewer translation layers for PS/2 and would therefore
    >> assume PS/2 is more inherently correct.
    >
    > For USB, we have Hid Usage Pages, which define this to be KEY_HOMEPAGE.
    > There is no such specification for PS/2 though, so what Hans is proposing
    > is to make it consistent with behavior of USB HID devices, which I agree
    > with.

    Good to hear, so as everyone smees to agree, shall I write a (massive, complex,
    intrusive) patch to fix this, or are there until now silent parties that object?

    Regards,

    Hans

      Last update: 2007-06-13 11:33    [W:0.027 / U:0.652 seconds]