    SubjectRe: [RFC] TOMOYO Linux
    2007/6/14, Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com>:
    > Toshiharu Harada wrote:
    > > 2007/6/14, Rik van Riel <riel@redhat.com>:
    > > SELinux has a well designed robust and flexible functions.
    > > So it should be used for everywhere. I understand it.
    > > As you mentioned one can analyze the system (process)
    > > behaviors from AVC logs. But the maintenance cost is not trivial.
    > >
    > > If logging with process context is the only purpose,
    > > current TOMOYO Linux can do it with no hustle at all.
    >
    > Yes, but so does standard SELinux.
    >
    > You are making me curious: what does TOMOYO do that is
    > not done by regular SELinux?
    >
    > Logging with process name, path name and contexts is
    > already done. I must have missed some other TOMOYO
    > feature in your initial email...

    I see SELinux can log with process name, path name and
    contexts, but "contexts" must be defined beforehand.
    TOMOYO Linux kernel does that with pathname, so no
    label definitions needed.
    You can confirm the process (domain) transitions any time
    and access occurred are clarified per domain basis automatically.
    Security context in TOMOYO Linux is represented and stored
    as a call chain and very intuitive.

    TOMOYO Linux has a mode called "learning"
    in addition to "permissive" and "enforce". You can easily
    get the TOMOYO Linux policy with learning mode that
    SELinux does not have. In addition, access control mode of
    TOMOYO Linux can be managed for every difference domain.

    --
    Toshiharu Harada
    haradats@gmail.com