SubjectRe: beeping patch for debugging acpi sleep
On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 03:12:57PM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> (please group reply)
>
> > > How does the beep get turned off again?
> > May be it is turn off by the speaker driver.
> >

> > BTW can't we do something with led ? This way it can be always enabled
> > without anoying people
>
> It would be more complex code, afaict, and ps/2 keyboard may be
> absent. But feel free to try, I'm not even sure beeping works
> everywhere, so another hack would be nice...

Many machines / keyboards blink the LEDs on power up and on resume anyway,
so it is hard to see if the blink was from the BIOS or from Linux.
And don't we need to resume the keyboard controller before we can start
blinking the LEDs?
--
Stefan Seyfried
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices | "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)