    SubjectRe: [patch 0/3] AHCI Link Power Management
    On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:43:12 -0400
    Jeff Garzik <jeff@garzik.org> wrote:

    > We will do AHCI link PM -- presuming that I can be convinced that it
    > does not repeatedly park the hard drive heads, or something similarly
    > annoying on PATA<->SATA bridges and similar setups.
    >
    > IF it works as advertised -- a big if considering all the AHCI silicon
    > implementations out there -- we definitely want to use it.
    >
    > Jeff

    I understand that this is a concern of yours based on some experience you
    had with earlier controllers. In general, this behavior would be considered
    incorrect - link power management should not translate to disk parking, even
    on PATA->SATA brigdes, and if it does, then that's completely broken. That
    said, I would believe you if you said broken hardware exists, and when you
    get specific examples of it, you can add it to the blacklist for this feature.

      Last update: 2007-06-12 17:49    [W:0.019 / U:1.656 seconds]