Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Tarkan Erimer <> wrote:
>> [...] Just, I asked simple question and included a simple example in
>> it. [...]
> actually, what you said was this:
> " I hope we should upgrade to GPLv3 and Sun should "Dual License"
> the OpenSolaris via GPLv3 (or at least,GPLv3 should be CDDL
> compatible.). "
Why don't you include the last sentence I wrote: "So,we should have more
fruits (like ZFS,DTrace etc.) ;-) "
So, that's why I said it. Because, as all the time, we did it: Importing
and exporting codes to/from different open source projects.

> and to that the answer was:
> " The OpenSolaris community has already stated that they do not want to
> accept GPLv3 [...] "
> in other words: your hypothetical is false today. You called us to do a
> specific action, but why did you then include a factually false
> 'example' to underline that point of yours? Or if you simply did not
> know about the OpenSolaris community's position beforehand, why dont you
> just admit that and withdraw from that line of argument gracefully?
> Ingo

As I mentioned in my previous posts: This is **not** in the hands of the
"OpenSolaris Community" to make and apply such decision. Sun itself
**will decide** it. Also, there are strong indications that Sun is very
interested to make "OpenSolaris" at least "Dual-Licensed" with GPLv3.