    On Sunday 10 June 2007 09:40:23 Alan Cox wrote:
    > > But I think this is largely academic. You only need a fairly small
    > > number of fairly significant contributors to say "no" and the rest of
    > > the process would be pointless. And at last count, the number of
    > > kernel people who were not keen on GPLv3 was fairly high. Of course
    > > no-one knows for certain yet what the final GPLv3 will be, and maybe
    > > lots of people would change their mind when it comes out.
    >
    > You can take a fair bet someone will say no, or much more likely they or
    > whoever inherited their copyright will say $50,000

    I seeds shades of Merkey there :P

    Seriously, though, this was all settled a long time ago. Linus said "While
    individual parts of the kernel *could* be licensed [with another license] the
    kernel as a whole is strictly GPLv2" (I've tried to get it right, but my
    memory isn't as good as it used to be when it comes to useful quotes like
    that)

    DRH

      Last update: 2007-06-10 15:59    [W:0.022 / U:1.000 seconds]