    On Sunday 10 June 2007 09:40:23 Alan Cox wrote:
    > > But I think this is largely academic. You only need a fairly small
    > > number of fairly significant contributors to say "no" and the rest of
    > > the process would be pointless. And at last count, the number of
    > > kernel people who were not keen on GPLv3 was fairly high. Of course
    > > no-one knows for certain yet what the final GPLv3 will be, and maybe
    > > lots of people would change their mind when it comes out.
    > You can take a fair bet someone will say no, or much more likely they or
    > whoever inherited their copyright will say $50,000

    I seeds shades of Merkey there :P

    Seriously, though, this was all settled a long time ago. Linus said "While
    individual parts of the kernel *could* be licensed [with another license] the
    kernel as a whole is strictly GPLv2" (I've tried to get it right, but my
    memory isn't as good as it used to be when it comes to useful quotes like

      Last update: 2007-06-10 15:59    [W:0.021 / U:11.216 seconds]