    On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Tarkan Erimer wrote:

    > > Last heard, Linus was quite impressed with the toned down version of
    > > the final draft of GPLv3.

    I was impressed in the sense that it was a hell of a lot better than the
    disaster that were the earlier drafts.

    I still think GPLv2 is simply the better license.

    I consider dual-licensing unlikely (and technically quite hard), but at
    least _possible_ in theory. I have yet to see any actual *reasons* for
    licensing under the GPLv3, though. All I've heard are shrill voices about
    "tivoization" (which I expressly think is ok) and panicked worries about
    Novell-MS (which seems way overblown, and quite frankly, the argument
    seems to not so much be about the Novell deal, as about an excuse to push
    the GPLv3).

    Linus

      Last update: 2007-06-10 19:31    [W:0.018 / U:0.996 seconds]