    SubjectRe: SLUB: Return ZERO_SIZE_PTR for kmalloc(0)
    > +	 * The behavior for zero sized allocs changes. We no longer
    > + * allocate memory but return ZERO_SIZE_PTR.
    > + * WARN so that people can review and fix their code.

    I don't see why people have so much opposition to zero-size memory
    allocations. There's all sorts of situations where you want a resizeable
    array that may have zero objects, especially in these days of

    Not only is it simpler (and therefore less likely to be buggy) to write
    code to simply resize to current number of objects, but not having to make
    additional code for checking the special case of count==0 leading to
    different function calls (instead of always reallocating, you might have
    to allocate instead, and instead of reallocating to zero you might have to
    free instead) will very slightly increase the object-text size.

    The standard-C behavior of valid zero-size allocation has a very good

      Last update: 2007-06-02 04:13    [W:0.020 / U:41.760 seconds]