SubjectRe: What tools to use?
On 10/05/07, Shahbaz Khan <> wrote:
> All the experts on this list plz let me know of any good cross
> referencing tool for source code navigation. I have tried LXR but its
> not easy to configure for a rookie like me. Anyother as good as LXR?
lxr is pretty good (glimpse on its own as well can be useful). If you
don't want to set it up yourself, then you could consider to use the
online version at

Another good thing is "make ctags" in the kernel source dir - this
will let you quickly jump to declarations etc and back with a few
simple keystrokes in editors like vim.

"make cscope" is another good option. It'll generate an index usable
by the cscope tool (

Jesper Juhl <>
Don't top-post
Plain text mails only, please