    SubjectRe: [patch 3/3] clockevents: Fix resume logic - updated version
    On Tue, 8 May 2007 22:59:20 -0700 Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > On Sun, 06 May 2007 17:03:03 +0200 Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> wrote:
    >
    > > Andrew,

    > > > after trying to reproduce it on 2 boxes without success it did trigger
    > > > some sw-suspend weirdness on a third box :) We are debugging it now.
    > >
    > > find an updated patch below. It fixes the problem on Ingo's
    > > VAIO-of-fun-emulator and I got confirmation from several other affected
    > > users, that the patch series is still solving their problems.
    > >

    > The machine is still hanging with this patch applied.
    >
    > suspend-to-disk gets up to "swsusp: critical section: done (NNN pages copied)"
    >
    > No netconsole, no printk-timestamping.
    >
    > ho hum, I guess I get to debug this.

    It got ugly.

    We finish swsusp_save() and a few other functions then we go

    hibernate
    ->platform_finish
    ->acpi_hibernation_finish
    ->acpi_leave_sleep_state
    ->acpi_evaluate_object

    and there it dies, in this call:

    status = acpi_evaluate_object(NULL, METHOD_NAME__WAK, &arg_list, NULL);

    I wonder how your patch caused that?

    <debugs further>

    OK, it gets to the last statement in acpi_evaluate_object():

    return_ACPI_STATUS(status);

    but doesn't hit the printk on return to the caller,
    acpi_leave_sleep_state().

    A working theory would be that something we did trashed the stack in
    acpi_evaluate_object().

    <switches from 8k stacks to 4k. No change>

    foo. I'm not sure what to do now.

      Last update: 2007-05-09 09:15    [W:0.025 / U:62.492 seconds]