SubjectRe: [patch 7/9] lguest: the net driver
Hi Rusty:

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:55:25PM +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:
> NO_CSUM because it really doesn't need a checksum. The
> LGUEST_NET_F_NOCSUM is only set for local inter-guest networking. If
> some guest were to route the packets outside the machine, this would be
> an issue, though ("don't do that").

While I can see that this is good in keeping things simple, I think
it's something that you want to be able to support since the user
may wish to setup a guest as a firewall appliance which would involve
passing packets from another guest to the outside world.

> Indeed, that would be a new feature, and is certainly a consideration
> for more efficient inter-guest networking. However, I consider that
> somewhat cheating: it's nice to know that 1500 doesn't suck too hard.
> Remember, "Features kill puppies!" 8)

Heh :)

Visit Openswan at
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <>