    SubjectRe: + fix-spellings-of-slab-allocator-section-in-init-kconfig.patch added to -mm tree
    On Wed, 9 May 2007, Nick Piggin wrote:

    > But that 4MB system might not even have 50 pages that you'd want to
    > use for slab.

    The problem here is that you trade off more objects (SLUB) against more
    flexibility (SLOB). We need some experiments with 4M systems to see how
    this works out. It may be better to be able to allocate more objects. I
    estimate that we will have a need for about 30 active slabs (note the
    low number comes about because SLUB will merge similar slabs together
    into one) on such a system. Most of those can have two pages. So you will
    likely still be better off with SLUB than SLOB.

      Last update: 2007-05-09 05:11    [W:2.510 / U:0.000 seconds]