    SubjectRe: + git-battery-fix.patch added to -mm tree
    On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 03:19:24PM +0400, Anton Vorontsov (cbou@mail.ru) wrote:
    > On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 03:01:20AM -0700, akpm@linux-foundation.org wrote:
    > >
    > > The patch titled
    > > git-battery-fix
    > > has been added to the -mm tree. Its filename is
    > > git-battery-fix.patch
    >
    > Andrew, much thanks for fixing that. That error triggered by some
    > refactors in drivers/base/... I suppose I have to setup -mm tree in
    > addition to Linus', to test -mm builds from time to time for the
    > purpose of catching these changes myself.
    >
    > Though, this error happened indeed because nobody cares about
    > find_bus function nowdays...
    >
    > I want ask Greg KH and Evgeniy Polyakov: could you together settle
    > preferred way of accessing bus types? Should we really use
    > find_bus/bus_find, or Evgeniy would just export w1 bus type? In
    > later case, I'll remove un-"if 0" find_bus patch, and will
    > prepare another which will export w1 bus type.
    >
    > I do not have any preference, both solutions will work.

    There is one small problem with any of such approach, and this problem
    is called Adrian Bunk :)
    Eventually he will remove whatever changes you did if there are no
    in-kernel users.
    But since find bus users are now going into the tree, it is possible to
    make a lot of people happy, who remove ifdef around find_bus() in own
    embedded trees.

    So, my vote is for exporting generic find_bus in mainline with related
    to w1 and battery status changes.

    --
    Evgeniy Polyakov