SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Re: [patch] suspend/resume debugging: device filter
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 12:08:55PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > Here's a (compile tested only) patch that does this on a per-device
> > > basis, which is smaller, and should work just as well as your patch.
> > >
> > > It creates a new file in the power/ directory for every device called
> > > "can_suspend". Write a '0' to it to prevent that device from being
> > > suspended.
> > >
> > > Does this work for you?
> >
> > yeah, i was able to use this too to debug suspend/resume problems. But
> > i've added the check to the resume path too - for example sw-suspend
> > does a resume of devices during its suspend cycle, cutting off much of
> > the netconsole output.
> >
> > which makes the can_suspend flag mis-named - perhaps rename it to
> > exclude_pm ?
>
> debug_exclude_pm? I do not want people playing with it, then
> complaining that they broke the suspend.

I can make the attribute only show up if CONFIG_DEBUG_DRIVER is enabled.
Would that be better? We can also write to the syslog when the
attribute is changed that they just might have broken something.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2007-05-08 04:57    [W:0.079 / U:0.264 seconds]