SubjectRe: gmail is a bit too popular..
On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:03:54AM -0400, John Anthony Kazos Jr. wrote:
> > In the linux-kernel -list subscribers domain popularity
> > analysis I got following results:
> >
> > 2101
> > 49
> > 46
> How about some elitism here? Dedicate a certain number of streams to
> everything-except-gmail, so MTAs from the 21st century can get their mail
> faster, and set the rest on gmail-only. Slows down gmail and speeds up the
> rest?

No need. gmail has done that slowing down all by themselves quite handily..

VGER has dedicated number of streams to gmail, and bigger pools to elsewere.
The gmail parallelism-pool is configured so that daily message volume does
usually make it thru in a day. I would prefer it going much faster...

If you are interested to see VGER's queues and monitor gauges, they are viewable
with tools at web-page:

Most of what it tells is not easily understandable, and much needs deep internal
system knowledge to be understood at all - but mostly the queue display is

/Matti Aarnio

PS: Contact address for VGER's postmasters is:

  Last update: 2007-05-07 17:37    [W:0.059 / U:2.328 seconds]