    SubjectRe: gmail is a bit too popular..
    On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:03:54AM -0400, John Anthony Kazos Jr. wrote:
    > > In the linux-kernel -list subscribers domain popularity
    > > analysis I got following results:
    > >
    > > 2101 gmail.com
    > > 49 googlemail.com
    > > 46 gmx.de
    > How about some elitism here? Dedicate a certain number of streams to
    > everything-except-gmail, so MTAs from the 21st century can get their mail
    > faster, and set the rest on gmail-only. Slows down gmail and speeds up the
    > rest?

    No need. gmail has done that slowing down all by themselves quite handily..

    VGER has dedicated number of streams to gmail, and bigger pools to elsewere.
    The gmail parallelism-pool is configured so that daily message volume does
    usually make it thru in a day. I would prefer it going much faster...

    If you are interested to see VGER's queues and monitor gauges, they are viewable
    with tools at web-page:

    http://vger.kernel.org/z/

    Most of what it tells is not easily understandable, and much needs deep internal
    system knowledge to be understood at all - but mostly the queue display is
    self-explanatory.

    /Matti Aarnio

    PS: Contact address for VGER's postmasters is: postmaster@vger.kernel.org

      Last update: 2007-05-07 17:37    [W:0.022 / U:0.728 seconds]